SRL Archive - Help

Release it or not?


Mat

2011-12-24 15:43:21

Yea I have nearly finished my Astral Crafter I posted in the First script section I want to hear other SRL members etc view on it?
Mat
I can see Pat's view on it, as I'd get sh** loads of lecher's.

PatDuffy

2011-12-24 15:49:09

It's up to you ;)

Don't let anyone intimidate you into not doing what you want to do. Listen to everyone, judge their comments, then determine for yourself using your own thoughts and feelings.

I wish you luck in your decision :)

H_N

2011-12-24 15:49:42

Im not a SRL Member but I thought I'd still post.

Most likely it would get leached, I think its personally up to you but I would check with some senior members, personally if I made that script I would use it to apply and not release it to the public :)

Sin

2011-12-24 15:51:15

What to do:
Release it for a couple of days so that a few members can get it.
Then move it to SRL Members so that the free members can review it.
It's what i'll be doing with my JadinkoBurner.

Mat

2011-12-24 15:51:25

Its very how do I put it Clunky it does what Its meant to but need to be re done in a more efficient way which would take time :P So it would take we a while to make it really good to apply for SRL.
Mat

Nebula

2011-12-24 15:56:40

If I were you I would release it to the public so that you get some good feedback on what needs to be changed/added to make it as efficient as possible. Then once it works nicely use it to apply for SRL membership and make it SRL members only, and release a lite version for the public.

Griff

2011-12-24 15:59:39

Go on IRC and ask a few people to look over it for you by just linking it to those people. That way you can get feedback and it won't get leached.

Kyle Undefined

2011-12-24 16:00:15

I say a lite version now, and full version in members. However, it's totally your decision, and whatever you do is your choice.

Mat

2011-12-24 16:00:43

From: Nebula
If I were you I would release it to the public so that you get some good feedback on what needs to be changed/added to make it as efficient as possible. Then once it works nicely use it to apply for SRL membership and make it SRL members only, and release a lite version for the public.

But If I release the Full working one then most of the Public has a full Copy so if I then make a lite version people will use the full?
Or I make a Lite one from the start?
Mat

Shuttleu

2011-12-24 16:01:23

i wouldnt call the members section "most of the public"

~shut

Mat

2011-12-24 16:01:43

From: Kyle Undefined
I say a lite version now, and full version in members. However, it's totally your decision, and whatever you do is your choice.

I think I'm gonna go with Kyle make a Lite Now and 'if' I get SRL make a full one :)

Shuttleu

2011-12-24 16:02:43

use the full to apply, not the lite

just to let you know only members can see the applications

~shut

Mat

2011-12-24 16:03:20

From: Shuttleu
i wouldnt call the members section "most of the public"

~shut

I didn't mean it in that way I meant if I put it in the Public section then apply for SRL with it and then make a lite version then people not SRL members would also have the full version.

YoHoJo

2011-12-24 16:03:21

Is talked about often it's up to you.
But my rule is that if it's profitable and releasing will ruin the profit or if overuse of the script will ruin the point/xp/GP of the script then keep it limited to member only or private or lite version.

YoHoJo

2011-12-24 16:03:36

Is talked about often it's up to you.
But my rule is that if it's profitable and releasing will ruin the profit or if overuse of the script will ruin the point/xp/GP of the script then keep it limited to member only or private or lite version.

PatDuffy

2011-12-24 16:04:14

From: Griff
Go on IRC and ask a few people to look over it for you by just linking it to those people. That way you can get feedback and it won't get leached.


From: Kyle Undefined
I say a lite version now, and full version in members. However, it's totally your decision, and whatever you do is your choice.


I would do that, combine them both.

Kyle Undefined

2011-12-24 16:05:01

Update your current application with the full version, and incorporate the suggestions that have been stated.

Mat

2011-12-24 16:08:10

From: Kyle Undefined
Update your current application with the full version, and incorporate the suggestions that have been stated.

I can but its clunky as hell :P
and there are some BitMap Leeks which I can't find.
I'll Update it now even tho its a bit crappy :P
***Added to Application (be Warned very crappy)***

Jhangir

2011-12-24 16:24:28

Release it to all of the public to get feedback for a few days then remove the script.

Kyle Undefined

2011-12-24 16:27:51

Releasing it to all of public for a few days bad, you'll get better feed back from Members+ and it won't be leeched.

Mat

2011-12-24 16:33:21

From: Kyle Undefined
Releasing it to all of public for a few days bad, you'll get better feed back from Members+ and it won't be leeched.

Well I've added it to my Application so, gonna try and get it the best I can and then strip it back for a lite version Pat Duffy Helping me with it.
Mat

Kyle Undefined

2011-12-24 16:35:35

Awesome, I'll take a look.

simba4sho

2011-12-24 16:57:22

Releasing it to the public can get you a lot of positive feedback and you can expedite the changes that need to be made on the script,

its helpful

Kyle Undefined

2011-12-26 23:31:37

And by releasing it you'll crash the profit ;)